Sunday, May 10, 2015

Bout of Books 13: Goals & Tracking Spreadsheet

Bout of Books 13 is this week, and I am ready for it.  Even though I will be busy throughout the week, I want to set aside as much time as I can to concentrate on just lazing around with a good book.

I have set very loose goals for myself, as well as put together a pull-pile.  As always, I reserve the right to deviate from this stack of books.  They are just what I anticipate wanting to read throughout the week.

I am also providing my progress spreadsheet if you want to track your reading throughout the week.

Pull-Pile Books

  • The Time Traveler's Almanac (already started)
  • Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling (reread)
  • Voice in the Wind by Francine Rivers
  • This Burns My Heart by Samuel Park (already started)
  • How to Have Real Joy by Charles Spurgeon
  • To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (audiobook - already started)
A few others that may make it into my hands during the week are City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare, Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo, and Through Gates of Splendor by Elisabeth Elliot.  


Goals
  • Read at least 2 hours every day.
  • Read at least 1,000 pages.
  • Finish at least 2 books.
  • Visit one new blog a day.
  • Participate in at least 3 challenges.
  • At the very least, do a mid-way post and a wrap-up post.

Spreadsheet

I am a very organized person, especially when it comes to reading.  Part of the reason I write reviews is so that I can remember the books I've read years later.  So, when I participate in Bout of Books, I want to make sure that I have all of my stats.  Thus, I created a spreadsheet for myself that keeps track of titles read, number of books finished, number of pages read, time spent reading, and challenges completed.  This may seem a little excessive, but it saves me from having to compute everything at the end and lets me know if I'm on par with my goals throughout the week.

If you would like to use this spreadsheet, feel free to download it from my Dropbox.


Those are my goals for this week.  If you are participating in Bout of Books 13, what are your goals?  Let me know if you find my spreadsheet useful, as well.

Check out my latest review (of Batman Vol. 3) here.

Follow me on Twitter, Goodreads, Instagram, and Bloglovin.

Happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting your created spreadsheet for us all to download! Its awesome. I was just going to use the memo in my phone but this is a much more organized way.
    Happy reading to you and best of luck with your goals.

    ReplyDelete