Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Top 5 Wednesday: Books With Multiple POVs

To learn more about Top 5 Wednesday, check out the Goodreads group.
This week's Top 5 Wednesday topic is top 5 books with multiple points of view, preferably more than two.

Since many of my favorite books meet this criteria, I have tried to list some that I haven't previously mentioned.


Number Five


Guernica by Dave Boling

This gorgeous novel takes place during the Spanish Civil War and follows the lives of many people affected by it, including Picasso.  I had never read anything about Guernica before, and this book taught me a lot about the history of it, as well as telling a touching story.

Number Four


The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan

This classic follows eight separate characters and has eight points of view. As a teen I didn't appreciate this story, but now I really like this story about four immigrant moms and their American-raised daughters. 

Number Three 


The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling

I really liked Rowling's first adult novel, and a great deal of that enjoyment had to do with the amazing characters she developed. If you like character-driven novels, this one is amazing. 

Number Two


Absent Sherri Vanderveen 

This was my favorite book of 2014, and I wrote a raving review of it. It follows a father who has abandoned his family, as well as his wife and two children. Each perspective offers a different view of how his actions have changed each person's life irrevocably. 

Number One


A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin 

There's not much that needs to be said about A Song of Ice and Fire, right? Martin does such an excellent job of developing each character, and while I like some perspectives better than others, each point of view enhances the story.  

Those are my top 5 picks for books with multiple points of view. What are some of your favorites? 

 Also, check out my latest book review on A Voice in the Wind, which also has several perspectives. 

 Find me on Twitter, Goodreads, Instagram, and Bloglovin.

Happy reading!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the Game of Thrones series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should. I know that they are huge and daunting, but they really suck you in.

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of Guernica before but it sounds really interesting!

    I've heard really bad things about The Casual Vacancy before which had always stopped me from picking it up, but I might give it a read now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most people didn't like The Casual Vacancy because it is to different from Harry Potter. Many of the bad reviews I read complained about that. It's really a work of literary fiction, so I think many people who love HP aren't necessarily the type who like that genre. I love literary fiction, though.

      Delete